Sunday, May 13, 2007

A New, Strong Recommendation

It's been quite a while since I've had such an esteemed addition to the blogroll, but my friend Tim has launched his latest venture, a blog called A New Career in a New Town. Tim is one of the smartest, funniest people I know, and I imagine that will be coming across all the time on the blog. He's also quite dashing, but this is more difficult to tell online. In any case, you should visit him often. His first post deals -- in his singular, occasionally fantastical way -- with his recent marriage:
Last night the brother asked if it felt different, being married. And the answer is, so far, it mostly hasn’t. Probably this is because my wife and I are living now exactly as we did before we married. We still have our own furniture, our own apartments, our own armies of mechanized henchmen. (Mine are solar-powered but have a tendency to nap; hers use environment-despoiling coal, but devour whole cities in an afternoon. We still don't know which we're keeping.) Little has changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home