Saturday, December 16, 2006

Help Desk, Anyone?

I interrupt the regularly scheduled programming with a problem. I just figured out that, on iTunes, you can view stores from other countries. And in most cases, this isn't a big deal. For instance, I don't know what they're listening to in Italy, but at the risk of sounding un-P.C., I really don't care. I can only imagine that most of the rock stars there look like these guys, actual Italian rock stars, according to Google:


But there is one country, unsurprisingly, that represents a mother lode of songs that I can't find in the U.S. store: The UK.

The problem? It seems you can't buy music from other countries. Am I alone in wondering: Then why the hell can you browse through those stores?

This might seem like a simple time-wasting post, but honestly, I can't tell you how agitated I am right now. This is the kind of dilemma that could end with me making incredibly expensive phone calls overseas in order to get satisfactory answers. If any of you happen to know a possible solution, please let me know. I found a conversation online where someone was bemoaning the fact that you couldn't buy from the other stores, but that was in April 2005, or, in Internet time, 427 B.C.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you how to browse the UK iTunes store. As to why you cannot, I am sure that it has to do with artist rights and other buzzwords the RIAA likes to scare people with. If you go to the Amazon UK store, they cannot ship titles to the US - same with the digital version.

That said, if interested, I could tell you how to acquire said music if you are inclined to do so. You know where to reach me.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home