Thursday, October 12, 2006

Blogroll Addition: Pajiba

I keep the blogroll manageable here, I hope, and the latest addition (under "high-quality daily reads") is Pajiba, a site devoted to reviews of current movies, news about upcoming movies, and lists of movies (like this one, a collection of films set in Texas).

The site is run by a handful of friends, and while the intent is clearly to be funny (the subtitle is "Scathing Reviews for Bitchy People"), it’s also really smart. And it has one of the best comments boards around. I was particularly wowed by this remark that someone made about Natalie Portman’s character in Garden State:
I don't care if the poor girl has epilepsy and can't figure skate anymore: She's still one of the most irritating, ridiculous, contrived characters I have seen on film. She's the indie Jar-Jar Binks. Oh, how I hated her.
Any site with readers that throw out "the indie Jar-Jar Binks" -- at the perfect target, no less -- is OK with me. Go there regularly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home