Monday, May 01, 2006

Don't Make Me Beg. ... Too Late.

Look, folks, I'm not saying I've been hitting them out of the park lately, because I haven't, but the last 10 posts have only generated one comment. These posts have included thoughts on manic-depression, comedians roasting the president but good, songs all of you should be listening to, "beer spas," a potential threesome with the world's most beautiful couple and Ayn Rand, and mascots on the verge of in-game fornication. What other blog can claim such provocative and useless diversity?

Well, a lot of them, probably. That's not the point. The point is, let's hear some chatter.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I have a comment for you. Dr. Johnson on loneliness. Eh?
"Every man might...in the multitudes that swarm about him, find some kindred mind with which he could unite in confidence and friendship; yet we see many straggling single about the world, unhappy for want of an associate, and pining with the necessity of confining their sentiments to their own bosoms."
Rambler #160 (September 28, 1751)

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the quote from dr. johnson made me almost want to uh, cry. for want of an associate, indeed. a special way, here I am, making comment. I admire your desire for the blog to inspire conversation. have always been impressed by your gardening and tilling of the comments section! I am still living in the 20th century, even though I have a blog, but as you know from the blog, I have made it so people can't comment. because I would have a psychic meltdown worrying about my insufficiency as a commenter, and the shame spirals induced would be soundtracked by "the windmills of your mind".

yrs,
the humorless feminist

12:20 PM  
Blogger Mrs. White said...

Isn't it funny how we - either consciously or unconsciously - assess the success and worth of a blog entry by the number next to "comments"?

And by funny, I mean tormenting.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home