Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oscar P.S.

Just got a phone call from a friend who was at an Oscar-viewing party, and I found it entertaining enough to recreate here, with her permission:

Her: Did you watch the Oscars?
Me: Yeah, I blogged them.
Her: What do you mean, while you watched them?
Me: Yes.
Her: What is it with you and this blogging thing? I mean, I guess we don't even have to talk about (the Oscars) now. I can just read your blog. You've accomplished your goal -- eliminating interaction with real human beings. (Ed. note: This is clearly not my goal.)
Me: (laughing)
Her: Anyway, what do you make of this Crash business? (Ed. note: I had seen it with her in the theater last year.)
Me: Well, you know that I enjoyed it in some ways, but I just thought it was stupidly structured.
Her: Yeah, I mean, wasn't it just a sanctimonious... I mean, it's like (the Academy) brought it down to the multi-culti stuff vs. the gay stuff, and went with the multi-culti stuff. That's so '80s of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home