Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Stranded in Brooklyn

Well, the bad news is, at around 3:00 this morning the MTA decided to strike here in New York. So, no subways or buses. It was taking commuters about three hours to get to work this morning by carpool or various combinations of ferries and railroads other than the subway. I could walk, but that would be closer to four hours each way (I know, because I did it during the blackout in 2003) and it's about 20 degrees outside.

The good news is that we're all handling it with that unique New York spirit. I just received a mass e-mail from a friend of friends that starts like this: "I just got to work because the jackasses who push a button to make a train go choo choo think that they have the right to cripple NYC."

Good times.

So, I'm home today, and while I do have a manuscript here to edit, I'm also going to post at least part of my Best of '05 list. More on that very soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home