Thursday, November 10, 2005

Today's One Meal, and You'll Like It

For the sake of posting at least one thing each day (lest I fall out of habit and let the blog die, which I'm sure would disappoint all eighteen of you), but also because this is pretty funny, I send you to the Chuck Klosterman essay currently seen on ESPN's website. In addition to an opening defense of political independent-mindedness that I (mostly) strongly agree with, it offers an interesting connection between sports conservatism and larger conservatism, and it includes this sentence, which is one of the funniest I've read in a while:
No matter what he does, I somehow find myself supporting Bob Knight in drunken arguments; Knight could jam the face of a Texas Tech guard into the gears of a John Deere combine for failing to get back on defense, and I would eventually find myself in a bar saying things like, "Well, modern kids do need discipline."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home